- Does your classroom effectiveness suffer because of disruptive behaviour patterns?
- Do your students have trouble focusing?
- Would you like to better understand why they are struggling to engage?
- When students are struggling to concentrate, relax or cope with emotional or environmental stress, their behaviour affects the whole classroom. But the real reasons for their restlessness may not be immediately obvious to you, their teacher.
You will receive amazing value from this online course including
- 20 days of tip sheets, workbook, videos and other bonus material as above
- A PDF copy of the School Environment Sensory Checklist: Creating Optimal Learning Environments for All Children by Deb Hopper (valued at $29.95)
- A PDF copy of the Just Right Kids Self Regulation Model for unlimited personal use (valued at $5)
- A PDF copy of Deb Hopper’s Amazon No. 1 Best Selling Book “Reducing Meltdowns and Improving Concentration: The Just Right Kids Technique” (valued at $9.95)
- Completing the 20 Day Classroom Detox will contribute 10 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing criteria 1.1.2 (Physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students) and 3.4.2 (select and use resources) from the Australian Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in Australia.
- 8 weeks access to complete the 20 day course. You can complete and download resources as you go.
- Develop a greater awareness of the need for and how to create sensory retreat areas in their classrooms (NESA Standard Descriptors 3.4.2, 1.1.2)
- Develop skills to create inclusive and positive classroom environments which will encourage engagement and support all students in classroom activities (1.1.2)
- Be able to complete a classroom sensory environment audit using the School Environment Sensory Checklist (SESC) tool (3.4.2)
- Be able to identify and modify in their classroom the four major visual obstacles that reduce student focus and engagement (3.4.2)
- Have access to and be taught the Just Right Kids Technique visual which is a whole class strategy for teaching children to monitor their levels of alertness and be able to label their emotional state (1.1.2)
- Gain a greater understanding of using basic sensory processing strategies to increase attention, concentration and self regulation of all students and how to use sensory based resources or current resources available in their classroom to engage students in their learning (3.4.2)
- Complete a seating and desk audit to monitor and fine tune the posture and seating position of students which will support not only their physical posture but increase engagement and learning (3.4.2)
At Life Skills 4 Kids we strongly believe that understanding the reasons behind children’s behaviour is the key to overcoming their issues and helping them to make sense of their world.
Occupational Therapist, Deb Hopper, will guide you through some simple strategies that will make a significant difference in your classroom from Day 1.
The 20-Day Classroom Detox program will make learning easier for your students. And teaching easier for you.
Terms of online course: This purchase price allows you to
- Have full access to the course for a period of 8 weeks
- Download and save all workbooks and tip sheets for your records forever
- If you are not able to complete the 20 day course in the 8 week period, you are able to re access your course for an additional 4 weeks by paying a $69 activation fee within weeks 9 – 26 following purchase
- If you require further access after 6 months of initial payment, you will need to re-register for the 20 Day Classroom Detox
If you are unsatisfied with our course and would like to request a refund, you need to request this via firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of purchase, explaining your reasons for this request.