This training webinar offers advice on how to incorporate the whole class in implementing sensory strategies in the classroom ensuring kids stay in the “Just Right” zone & have a calm and productive day.
In a classroom of kids, research is telling us that there are 4-5 (up to 16%) with learning difficulties, sensory processing difficulties and sensory driven behaviour.
Teaching and catering for so many different learning and behavioural needs can be fatiguing!
Trainer: Deb Hopper, Occupational Therapist
Live Event Details: 7.30pm AEDT, Thursday May 3rd 2018
Duration: 45 minutes plus Deb will be available for questions at LIVE session (plus unlimited personal access to replay)
Cost: $59 incl GST
Attend the live workshop with Deb to:
- Understand what sensory processing difficulties might look like in the classroom situation and how to identify children who may be struggling with sensory issues
- Develop an understanding of the three main subtypes of categorising children with sensory processing difficulties
- Understand the difficulties experienced by children with individual sensory processing differences
- Develop an understanding of how these difficulties may be viewed as negative behaviour rather than sensory driven behaviour
- Brainstorm ideas for sensory strategies in class that they can implement the next day.
- Audio recording for view on demand following workshop.
- Links to online resources mentioned in webinar.
- Copy of the Just Right Kids Self Regulation Model to use in the classroom