- Does your classroom effectiveness suffer because of disruptive behaviour patterns?
- Do your students have trouble focusing?
- Would you like to better understand why they are struggling to engage?
- When students are struggling to concentrate, relax or cope with emotional or environmental stress, their behaviour affects the whole classroom. But the real reasons for their restlessness may not be immediately obvious to you, their teacher.
What is the 20-Day Classroom Detox Program?
At Life Skills 4 Kids, we’re passionate about relieving classroom stress and helping you to create an improved and optimal learning environment.
So, we’ve put together a program of practical, easy-to-understand strategies we know can help improve the outcomes for all your students.
Our 4-week program has been professionally designed to deliver fresh ideas to your Inbox each weekday. Plus, we provide a workbook to guide you through the process of detoxing your classroom.
For more information, register below for pre-launch pricing. COMING SOON!
What to expect from the 20-Day Classroom Detox Program
During our 20-day course, you will learn how to:
- Foster engagement by creating an inclusive and positive classroom environment
- Audit your classroom’s sensory environment using the School Environment Sensory Checklist (SESC) tool
- Identify the four major visual obstacles that reduce student focus and engagement and modify your classroom accordingly
- Implement the Just Right Kids Technique – a whole-class strategy for teaching children to monitor their levels of alertness and label their emotional state
- Use basic sensory processing strategies to increase attention, concentration and self-regulation
- Use the resources currently available in your classroom to engage students more effectively
- Complete a seating and desk audit to monitor and fine tune posture and seating positions
- Declutter your classroom and create sensory retreat areas
At Life Skills 4 Kids we strongly believe that understanding the reasons behind children’s behaviour is the key to overcoming their issues and helping them to make sense of their world.
Who should complete the 20 day classroom detox?
- Classroom teachers
- Early childhood teachers
- Preschool teachers
- Home school parents
- Occupational Therapists
- Early intervention professionals
- Anyone who wants to improve learning environments and children’s behaviour.
What are teachers saying about the 20 day classroom detox?
“I am so keen to pass this on to my staff here at school as valuable material for EVERY classroom. Can’t wait to see what happens now!” Nadine, Teacher, Victoria, Australia.
“Thank you for including us in this amazing opportunity to ‘detox’ the classroom. I have a strong interest in sensory input and how sensory processing can increase a child’s ability to regulate, improve concentration and assist with the development of fine/gross motor skills. We are hoping that with this ‘detox’ we can assist children to develop their own skills for regulation, improve their concentration and provide a dynamic way to increase our program participation. I look forward to unpacking these ideas further!” Bec, Preschool Teacher, NSW
“This course was SO useful – for every classroom! If it helps to prevent the problems that the ASD students have [due to] their learning/behavioural challenges and environments, and it does, It should be a given that EVERY teacher knows about it and plans accordingly!
We are always looking at how we can improve things for ALL our students, not just the students who may have [several] disabilities or sensory processing difficulties.
I loved the arrival of the day’s tips and suggestions and have made a folder of “need to know” material to action ASAP! Primary school co-ordinator, Melbourne.