Does your classroom effectiveness suffer
because of disruptive behaviour patterns?
Do your students have trouble focusing?
Would you like to better understand why they are struggling to engage?
When students are struggling to concentrate, relax or cope with emotional or environmental stress, their behaviour affects the whole classroom.
The real reasons for their restlessness may not be immediately obvious to you, their teacher.
What is the 20-Day Classroom Detox Program?
At Life Skills 4 Kids, we’re passionate about relieving classroom stress and helping you to create an improved and optimal learning environment.
So, we’ve put together a program of practical, easy-to-understand strategies we know can help improve the outcomes for all your students.
This 4-week online program for primary school teachers has been professionally designed to deliver fresh ideas to your inbox each weekday. Plus, we provide a workbook to guide you through the process of detoxing your classroom.
What to expect from the 20-Day Classroom Detox Program for Primary School Teachers
During this 20-day online program, you will learn how to:
- Foster engagement by creating an inclusive and positive classroom environment
- Audit your classroom’s sensory environment using the School Environment Sensory Checklist (SESC) tool
- Identify the four major visual obstacles that reduce student focus and engagement and modify your classroom accordingly
- Implement the Just Right Kids Technique – a whole-class strategy for teaching children to monitor their levels of alertness and label their emotional state
- Use basic sensory processing strategies to increase attention, concentration and self-regulation
- Use the resources currently available in your classroom to engage students more effectively
- Complete a seating and desk audit to monitor and fine tune posture and seating positions
- Declutter your classroom and create sensory retreat areas
At Life Skills 4 Kids we strongly believe that understanding the reasons behind children’s behaviour is the key to overcoming their issues and helping them to make sense of their world.
Who should complete the 20 day classroom detox?
- Primary school teachers
- Early childhood teachers
- Preschool teachers
- Home school parents
- Occupational Therapists
- Early intervention professionals
- Anyone who wants to improve learning environments and children’s behaviour.
This is valuable material for EVERY classroom
Sensory processing can increase a child’s ability to regulate, improve concentration and assist with the development of fine/gross motor skills. This ‘detox’ can assist children to develop their own skills for regulation, improve their concentration and provide a dynamic way to increase participation.
This course helps to prevent the problems that the ASD students have [due to] their learning/behavioural challenges and environments.
There are always ways you can improve things for ALL of your students, not just the students who may have [several] disabilities or sensory processing difficulties.
Occupational Therapist, Deb Hopper, will guide you through some simple yet effective strategies that will make a significant difference in your classroom from Day 1.
The 20-Day Classroom Detox is an online program for primary school teachers that makes learning easier for students and teaching easier for you.
ENROLMENT PROVIDES ACCESS FOR 6 MONTHS
Completing the 20 Day Classroom Detox will contribute 10 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing criteria 1.1.2 (Physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students) and 3.4.2 (select and use resources) from the Australian Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in Australia.