In Episode 22 of the Life Skills 4 Kids Podcast, Bunny Marsh, speech pathologist and owner of Small Connections joins us again as we talk about the 5 things that speech pathologists wish parents knew. With over 20 years of experience, Bunny supports parents and carers in building up the communication development of young children.
In this episode we cover:
- Communication starts at birth.
- Parenting, life and development for children is a marathon not a race.
- The importance of having a support crew around you.
- Teaching conversational skills and promoting serve and return for growth and brain development.
- Making sure that their hearing is right.
- Understanding what your child is can be helpful in what your expectations can and should be.
- Sensory processing in children.
- The importance teaching toddlers feeling words.
- Small Connections Website
- PDF: Typical Milestones for Communication Development
- Small Connections Facebook
- Small Connections Instagram