In this episode we cover:
- The frequency of families and children who visit his clinic for anxiety.
- Common age of starting and increasing anxiety for children today.
- Statistics on the growing number of children and parents with anxiety disorders.
- Looking at the 2 causes of anxiety: genetic and environmental factors.
- The Sanctuary Lifestyle Clinic and its unique features versus traditional general practitioners.
- Working with children who are anxious about food and have restricted diets; and the deficits linked to that kind of difficulty.
- Nutrients that are important and beneficial for anxiety.
- Meaning of the “NEW START” Acronym.
- The importance of trust for the development of children’s brains.
- Easy and actionable tips for parents to start helping their anxious child.
Teaching Kids to Manage Anxiety: Superstar Practical Strategies (eBook)
Kids today are growing up in a fast-paced world where information and opportunity overload can be overwhelming.
Based on many years of clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist, Deb Hopper has been using her Just Right Kids® Model to teach children to communicate and manage their stress and anxiety by:
– Identifying their “body speed”,
– Understanding their stress triggers, and
– Implementing simple strategies to reduce anxiety and stress.