In this episode we cover:
- Report by Louise Crealy on Anxiety.
- How children show anxiety.
- How to get quicker help for children with anxiety.
- The importance of identifying anxiety early on in children.
- Anxiety in adults and how they can identify that they have it.
- Treatments in an online setting.
- The difference between anxiety and stress.
- An example of stress and anxiety in a child and how we can help them through it.
- How our brains work when we are anxious.
- ABC Australia Report: Anxiety: Australia’s most common and most misunderstood illness
Teaching Kids to Manage Anxiety: Superstar Practical Strategies (eBook)
Kids today are growing up in a fast-paced world where information and opportunity overload can be overwhelming.
Based on many years of clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist, Deb Hopper has been using her Just Right Kids® Model to teach children to communicate and manage their stress and anxiety by:
– Identifying their “body speed”,
– Understanding their stress triggers, and
– Implementing simple strategies to reduce anxiety and stress.