In Episode 39 of the Life Skills 4 Kids Podcast Deb talks with Karli Mckeown, a Teen and Parent Empowerment Coach who helps parents and teens connect and create meaningful relationships during the challenging adolescent years.
In this episode they discuss:
- How children change from childhood to adolescence and some of the frustrations that come with these changes
- Communication changes and challenges that come with adolescence
- How to pivot our parenting to balance their need for independence and helping them to feel supported
- A great approach to setting boundaries and consequences with tweens and teens in order to teach the kids how to do things better
- Karli shares her top three tips to boundary and consequence setting with teens and tweens
- Visit Karli’s website for more information: http://karlimckeowncoaching.com.au/
Find Karli’s Course, How to Talk to Your Teenager Masterclass, here: http://karlimckeowncoaching.com.au/how-to-talk-to-your-teenager-masterclass/
Alex loves school. He enjoys all the activities he does during the term such as swimming and soccer. He also loves holidays and all the fun things he gets to do while he’s not at school. The problem is, Alex doesn’t like changes. His tummy gets all tight and he gets a worry cloud that comes over his brain and makes it feel foggy. When the school term ends and holidays begin or when school is about to start again, Alex feels really worried and anxious.
When you purchase the Alex Learns that Changes are OK (Flipbook), you will receive a digital flipbook that gradually changes from one page to the next while listening to high-quality audio narration as if someone is flipping and reading the book for you!