In Episode 47 of the Life Skills 4 Kids Podcast, Deb chats with Nicole Santamaria founder of Miami Handwriting, where she works with children, families, and schools to help develop handwriting skills and the broader issues those kids are dealing with.
In this episode they cover:
- Some fundamentals of good handwriting
- All the different brain functions that need to coordinate in order to have good handwriting
- Sensory systems that you need to tap into in order for the child to be regulated enough to learn
Flexible seating opt in HERE
Handwriting Resources opt in HERE
Follow Miami Handwriting on
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkBJ…
Instagram – https://www.facebook.com/miamihandwri…
Facebook – https://www.instagram.com/miamihandwr…
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/miamihandwr…
Website – http://www.miamihandwriting.com
Kids today are growing up in a fast-paced world where information and opportunity overload can be overwhelming.
Based on many years of clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist, Deb Hopper has been using her Just Right Kids® Model to teach children to communicate and manage their stress and anxiety by:
– Identifying their “body speed”,
– Understanding their stress triggers, and
– Implementing simple strategies to reduce anxiety and stress.