In Episode 4 of Life Skills 4 Kids, I will share my thoughts and knowledge about a topic that many families have to deal when the holidays start – helping kids be grounded and transition from school to the holidays.
In this episode we cover:
- Many children love changes in routine but can trigger anxiety for some.
- Strategies for transitioning kids from structured school time to unstructured time during the holidays.
- Prepare the children for what will be coming up during the week or coming weeks by writing it down on a calendar where they can see it.
- Deb’s Book: Alex learns that changes are okay
- Deb’s Book: Teaching Kids to Manage Anxiety: Superstar Practical Strategies