Amy is a writer, a producer, a speaker, an international award-winning coach running numerous online programs to help mothers all over the world and, most importantly, a mother of three. She authored the best-selling book “Happy Mama: The Guide to Finding Yourself”, created the #1 iTunes meditations for children “Bedtime Explorers”, and hosts “The Happy Mama Movement” Podcast.
In this episode we cover:
- Amy’s story of how she started working with mums.
- Why women are compelled to do so much more than what they can handle.
- The challenges, significant shifts and identity dilemmas that mums go through.
- Amy expounds on the role and the meaning of being a mother and how they can be nurtured.
- What is Matrescence?
- The importance of acknowledging matrescence as an ongoing experience for mums.
- How mothers can smoothly adapt to the processes of parenting development and self-care.
- Self-care for mums and parents who have children with additional needs.
- Dealing with anxiety in children.
- Amy shares her story of how her daughter has been her greatest teacher.
- Do fathers have the same experience as matrescence in women?
- Deb’s highlights from the conversation.
Parent Toolbox for Anxious Kids – Webinar Series
Help your child with anxiety with practical tools for success and becoming more independent in what they need to do by reducing and managing their anxiety.
The Toolbox includes the following recorded workshops:
– Supporting children to communicate how they are feeling when they are anxious.
– Helping your child with learning anxiety.
– Helping your child decrease anxiety caused by sensory processing issues.
– How to help your child manage their social anxiety.