Our role as mothers can become so overwhelming because of the many things that are expected from us. In Episode 8 of the Life Skills 4 Kids Podcast, we have an interesting conversation with Amy Taylor-Kabbaz as she talks about the challenges that mums go through, the concept of matrescence and the importance of self-care for mums.
Amy is a writer, a producer, a speaker, an international award-winning coach running numerous online programs to help mothers all over the world and, most importantly, a mother of three. She authored the best-selling book “Happy Mama: The Guide to Finding Yourself”, created the #1 iTunes meditations for children “Bedtime Explorers”, and hosts “The Happy Mama Movement” Podcast.
In this episode we cover:
- Amy’s story of how she started working with mums.
- Why women are compelled to do so much more than what they can handle.
- The challenges, significant shifts and identity dilemmas that mums go through.
- Amy expounds on the role and the meaning of being a mother and how they can be nurtured.
- What is Matrescence?
- The importance of acknowledging matrescence as an ongoing experience for mums.
- How mothers can smoothly adapt to the processes of parenting development and self-care.
- Self-care for mums and parents who have children with additional needs.
- Dealing with anxiety in children.
- Amy shares her story of how her daughter has been her greatest teacher.
- Do fathers have the same experience as matrescence in women?
- Deb’s highlights from the conversation.