In Episode 15 of the Life Skills 4 Kids Podcast, I will be talking about a concept that I have been trying to incorporate into my family, mummy, and occupational therapist life since I came across it a couple of months ago called parenting with open hands and how it can help with anxiety in kids.
In this episode we cover:
- The meaning of parenting with open hands.
- I share my personal experience on my children struggling and feeling overwhelmed.
- Preparing ourselves, as parents, to help our children through these emotions.
- Things parents can do to support and guide their children.
- Listening and taking notice of children’s cues for expressing their emotions.
- Challenging children and help them through it to prepare them for problem-solving.
- Anxious to Calm Membership Group
- Deb’s Book: Teaching Kids to Manage Anxiety: Superstar Practical Strategies