In Episode 23 of the Life Skills 4 Kids Podcast Deb talks with Michelle Dean, Founder of Kallima. Michelle is a Children’s Life Coach who specializes in helping kids learn how to express and process through complex emotions like anxiety in their day-to-day lives.
In this episode we cover:
- The importance of allowing space in your children’s schedule to just be kids who run and play.
- Ways to address emotions in our kids.
- What resilience is and how to build it up in our kids.
- Some causes of anxiety in children as young as seven and how to reduce it.
Teaching Kids to Manage Anxiety: Superstar Practical Strategies (eBook)
Kids today are growing up in a fast-paced world where information and opportunity overload can be overwhelming.
Based on many years of clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist, Deb Hopper has been using her Just Right Kids® Model to teach children to communicate and manage their stress and anxiety by:
– Identifying their “body speed”,
– Understanding their stress triggers, and
– Implementing simple strategies to reduce anxiety and stress.