I recently held a survey online on how parents feel about their anxious child and in this episode, I’ll be sharing the results with you. Here’s an overview of what was asked in the survey and some tips, ideas and strategies on helping your children:
- Amy’s story of how she started working with mums.
- Why women are compelled to do so much more than what they can handle.
- The challenges, significant shifts and identity dilemmas that mums go through.
- Amy expounds on the role and the meaning of being a mother and how they can be nurtured.
- What is Matrescence?
- The importance of acknowledging matrescence as an ongoing experience for mums.
- How mothers can smoothly adapt to the processes of parenting development and self-care.
- Self-care for mums and parents who have children with additional needs.
- Dealing with anxiety in children.
- Amy shares her story of how her daughter has been her greatest teacher.
- Do fathers have the same experience as matrescence in women?
- Deb’s highlights from the conversation.
Teaching Kids to Manage Anxiety: Superstar Practical Strategies (eBook)
Kids today are growing up in a fast-paced world where information and opportunity overload can be overwhelming.
Based on many years of clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist, Deb Hopper has been using her Just Right Kids® Model to teach children to communicate and manage their stress and anxiety by:
– Identifying their “body speed”,
– Understanding their stress triggers, and
– Implementing simple strategies to reduce anxiety and stress.