In this re-broadcast of episode 24 Deb talks about how to address wildfires and the anxiety surrounding uncertainty with kids.
In this episode we cover:
- Her personal experience with recent bushfires
- The things that kids believe are valuable when packing up to evacuate
- The massive emotions hidden underneath anxiety
- How to recognize signs of anxiety in your children
- How managing yourself is key
Teaching Kids to Manage Anxiety: Superstar Practical Strategies (eBook)
Kids today are growing up in a fast-paced world where information and opportunity overload can be overwhelming.
Based on many years of clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist, Deb Hopper has been using her Just Right Kids® Model to teach children to communicate and manage their stress and anxiety by:
– Identifying their “body speed”,
– Understanding their stress triggers, and
– Implementing simple strategies to reduce anxiety and stress.