In episode 14 of the Life Skills 4 Kids Podcast, Andrew Pratt, a 7th Day Adventist Church Pastor who has high-functioning autism and anxiety, joins us to give us a peek into his world and how he has gone through life with autism from childhood to adulthood.
In this episode we cover:
- The story of his diagnosis and how he knew about it.
- Educating children to do things better despite their diagnosis.
- His panic attacks when he was young.
- His pattern of extremes of exploding and shutting down.
- The importance of structure.
- His big stressors that increases his anxiety as an adult.
- The need for self-care.
- His doctors and therapists as a child
- Andrew’s experience with depression.
- Advice for parents on how to talk to their children about autism diagnoses.
- Benefits of having autism.
- Creativity in autism.
- Dealing with anxiety.
- Top 3 tips for getting through autism daily.