In this episode of the Life Skills 4 Kids Podcast, we talk to Pastor Darren Pratt on the importance of a village and mentoring in our child’s life. We also touch on the topics knowing how to identify if your child is lacking a village and how to build a strong tribe for them.
In this episode we cover:
- Who is in a child’s life and how important this is.
- The challenge of the loss of the village around our children.
- How children spell love in a different way.
- Things that we can do with our children be more invested in their lives.
- Where to find a new tribe or village for our children.
- The 5:1 Ratio.
- One of the biggest disease today in society: loneliness.
- The negative effects of screentime.
- The meaning of and the effects on a child of Age Apartheid.
- Identifying kids who have or have less villages in their lives.
- The challenge in schools lacking male teachers.
- Taking stock of our child’s village.
- Tips on how to increase your child’s village.
- Deb’s Book: Teaching Kids to Manage Anxiety: Superstar Practical Strategies
- The Power Of Mentoring Children Booklet