7 teacher must-knows to increase classroom productivity and create happy, healthy learning environments for ALL children
1. Have regular movement breaks. We need movement BEFORE we can concentrate.
2. Observe for clues that children aren’t yet engaged or that attention is lagging.
3. Incorporate regular muscle breaks to keep concentration going.
4. Understand that some children need alternate sitting positions. Sitting up straight with legs crossed might be too hard for lots of kids.
5. Allow children to sip at their desk with a drink bottle. Mouth input keeps kids “just right” and concentrating.
6. Understand that movement and wiggling is not bad behaviour.
7. Have a few favourite music or YouTube Tracks handy that use movement, dancing or stretching.