Webinar/ Training: Helping your child with anxiety from sensory reasons
Sensory anxiety occurs when the sensory information in the environment is too much and it is beyond a child’s nervous system’s ability to cope. Our nervous system can create sensory memories which can act as triggers for anxiety in similar situations.
Watch this recorded webinar to:
- Understand how the nervous system processes information when it feels too much for a child
- Develop an understanding what children’s behaviour might look like when they are overwhelmed by sensory information, and how this can sometimes look like negative behaviour.
- Understand the best sensory based strategies for decreasing anxiety
- Understand how we can break down tasks and create sensory social stories for reducing anxiety
- Understand how to use the Just Right Kids Model of Self Regulation to be able to tell you when they are feeling anxious, and for knowing what may help to support your child
- Video recording for view on demand
- Links to online resources mentioned in workshop