Recorded Training Workshop
A whole class approach for implementing sensory strategies in class (to keep kids in the Just Right Zone & have a calmer day)
In a classroom of kids, research is telling us that there are 4-5 (up to 16%) with learning difficulties, sensory processing difficulties and sensory driven behaviour.
Teaching and catering for so many different learning and behavioural needs can be fatiguing!
In this training, you will:
- Understand what sensory processing difficulties might look like in the classroom situation and how to identify children who may be struggling with sensory issues
- Develop an understanding of the three main subtypes of categorising children with sensory processing difficulties
- Understand the difficulties experienced by children with individual sensory processing differences
- Develop an understanding of how these difficulties may be viewed as negative behaviour rather than sensory driven behaviour
- Brainstorm ideas for sensory strategies in class that they can implement the next day.
- Video recording for view/listen on demand following webinar
- Links to online resources mentioned in webinar
- Copy of the Just Right Kids Self Regulation Model for use as a whole class approach to self regulation