Learning anxiety is when children repeatedly fail to engage in learning or repeatedly fail in meeting learning objectives.
Watch this 50 min training video to:
- Understand the impact of learning difficulties on self confidence and the potential for learning anxiety
- Gain a better understanding of the range of learning difficulties that might be impacting your child
- Develop practice in task analysis to break down learning tasks or chunk homework and other learning tasks
- Develop skills for mind mapping and brain storming to structure writing tasks
- Understand the basics of the Just Right Kids Self Regulation Model and how to use it with children before and during homework
- Online resources as referenced in recording
- Copy of the Just Right Kids Self Regulation Model for helping children to tell you if they are feeling anxious, sad or finding it hard to concentrate.
- Overcoming Perfectionism Handout
- 5 top tips to support your child with anxiety
- Cycle of learning anxiety poster
- Impact of learning intervention on learning anxiety poster